Hydroformed handle for good grip at the curve, and a technical design:
- the upper part of the shaft is curved to offer good clearance when climbing
- the lower part is straighter and guarantees efficient penetration in snow
Head and pick in hot-forged steel, ensuring solid anchoring:
- thin (3 mm) pick, durable and toothed at the tip, ensuring good anchoring quality in hard snow and ice
- pick is thicker in the middle to favor anchoring in soft snow
- teeth on upper part of pick strengthen the hold on the ice axe in piolet-rampe mode
- durable spike in stainless steel for very good penetration in hard snow and in piolet-canne mode
High strength and practical aspects:
- very durable steel adze offers a comfortable support surface, and the design of the edges allows stairs to be carved efficiently
- tilted adze directs the axe correctly into the snow (piolet-canne usage)
- head and spike equipped with holes for clipping a carabiner or attaching a sling
- high-quality aluminum shaft (7075 aluminum, used in aeronautics), with anodized finish for excellent protection
Ice axe compatible with LINKIN leash
-52 cm: 400 g.
- 59 cm: 420 g.
- 66 cm: 450 g.